Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'll do it Tomorrow..

Procrastination (v) pro-cras-ti-nate-tion
:to put off intentionally and habitually

Origin: Latin procrastinatus, past participle of procrastinare, from pro- forward + crastinus of tomorrow, from cras tomorrow
First Known Use: 1588

It's a graduate's students worse enemy, the reason why diets don't start until a week after the intended start date and a huge factor for a majority of stress related feelings. But why do we continue to act upon such tasks with the art of procrastination? After my first encounter with procrastination, I swore that I would never do it again. However, come paper time, it lurks its evil head around the corner and BAM, I find myself in the same situation all over again.

There are many forms of procrastination. The "Hey One Drink Won't Hurt" night out with your friends that ends up as a next day of non-productivity; the "I need a clean atmosphere to work in" which turns you into the Mr./Mrs Clean, you find yourself cleaning the stove, the toilet, scrubbing the floor, washing all of the dishes, that are already clean; one word "netflix," its a vortex of procrastination, I warn you if you wish to avoid procrastination STAY AWAY FROM NETFLIX!



However, in the long end, the work ends up getting done, you earn a few gray hairs, and loose many hours of much needed sleep. You will swear never to procrastinate ever again, however I'm sure it'll show it's ugly face again. For once a procrastinator, most likely you'll always be a procrastinator.

This week's Song of the Week:
"Watching the Wheels" - John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment