Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Feelin Good

So I just finished my first day at the archives! It was a general orientation of where things are and the rules and regulations for working at the institution. I then got to put my skills to work with a fun little scavenger hunt arround the stacks! I also got to assist one of the researchers in a memior project! Overall A successful day at the archives!

I'm looking forward to finally get some experience time in this field! I believe that it is super important to have an understanding of our past. One way to which we can accomplish this is by collecting primary souces from our own history. While secondary sources are great to work with, they often hint the author's bias of his/her interpretation of the document that is being looked at.  The archives will be a place where history can stay alive, and I'm excited that I get to be a part of it on some level!

"Feelin Good" - Nina Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment